Nintendo has released a new patch for its newest fighter, ARMS, which, among other things, adds LAN support to the game. It also adds a spectate mode, makes some tweaks to some characters to address game balance issues, and makes some general behind the scenes fixes.
But yes, the big headline improvements here will be the LAN support and spectator mode. LAN support in particular should make local multiplayer sessions for the game – a key point in Nintendo’s marketing for it – better supported and possible.
You can check out full patch notes for the game below. ARMS is available exclusively on the Nintendo Switch.
- LAN compatibility implemented.
- Arena mode added.
- Fixed a problem allowing Kid Cobra to dash indefinitely.
- Fixed a problem allowing Byte & Bark to warp across the field.
- Fixed a problem with Arms like the Chackram not hitting the purple boxes in “Ribbon Ring.2
- Fixed a problem where ARMS Grand Prix is spelled AMRS Grand Prix.