Shadow of War is a new open world game in the style of Ubisoft open world games (because that is the style of open worlds that Warner Bros. favours). And, in true Ubisoft fashion, its game world is littered with collectibles for you to hunt down and gather. In this guide, we help you find them all.
There are three separate types of collectibles in the game:
- Shelob’s Memories. These are memories of the infamous giant spider Shelob. Finding them gets you skill points, as well as lore and backstory.
- Gondorian Artifacts. These are lost Gondorian artifacts, which can be found after can be found after completing The Seeing Stone quest in Minis Ithil. You can recover these artifacts for Skill Points and lore. Getting them all unlocks the Prospector Skill upgrade. You will encounter these in the game’s world.
- Ithildin Doors/Poems. These are doors you will come across in the world, which have poems engraved on them, with missing words. Opening these doors lets you have all the loot inside.
Each region of the game has its own door, and you need to complete the poem on each to be able to gain access to the loot stash inside. Below, you will find all the poems in the game, completed. The bolded words are the missing ones you have to put in.
They stalk and Lurk, then lash out so furious
Yet our Bulwark is proof against their rage
Our hard-ringed, hand-forged armor Impervious
To predations from the Powers of darkness
No matter how Vicious or how vile
To assail the Bright Lord is to falter and Fail.
In the land of Mordor where the Shadows lie
We bear our banners aloft, boots like Drums
Our Cadence quick, our countenance dire.
For who in this dark, dream-haunted Land dares
Resist the righteous flame of Wrath
And Doom themselves to despair and death?
Let our foes fortify with Iron and stone
Let them summon scabrous Serpents, feral beasts
It will Avail them nought. Across the ages none
Have an army that wields such weapons, such Woe
Such doom against the dark-benighted Hordes who dare
Claim dominion over a Mordor soon bright.
When the sun Rises, the shadows must retreat
Fleeing in fear from the Fires of dawn
The Night never knew that its end was fleet
As a Bright Lord bears Beacons of flame.
The sun rises, yes — but from the West it Shines
Marching e’er Eastward, e”er eternal, e’er bright.
Fair Mordor Slumbers, entangled in night
A vipers’ Nest of sorrow and strife
Poisoned by pernicious betrayal and blight
Trapped in the grasp of gelid corpse-hands
Yet behold! The Bright Lord Comes as a wildfire
Burning only what is Base, that all else may thrive.
Getting Shelob’s Memories gets you skill points and backstory for the game. It’s highly recommended that you try getting them all!
- The first memory is in the northern part of the map. You can find it with the Haedir.
- The next memory is in the colosseum.
- The third memory is near the southwestern Haedir tower.
- You can get this one by the eastern tower. The memory is going to be up on a cliff.
- This one is by the southern tower. If you climb the tower, you can see it glowing by the water. =
- In the southeast, go to the mine, and find the platforms that overlook it. You will find the memory near the structure’s back wall- but it will be guarded by enemies.