As we learn more and more about Capcom’s upcoming Monster Hunter World, the excitement surrounding the game rises- especially for people who’ve been fans of the series for some time. Which is why it’s not all that surprising that in Famitsu’s latest weekly charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming games (as voted by their readers), Final Fantasy VII Remake has lost that top spot it has held on to for so long, moving down to second place, replaced at the very top by Monster Hunter World.
Meanwhile, the rest of the list looks a lot like it has done in the last few weeks. Super Mario Odyssey is just behind Final Fantasy VII Remake at number 3 (voting for this was held before the game came out), with Pokemon UltraSun/UltraMoon and Kingdom Hearts III following close behind at 4 and 5 respectively. Meanwhile Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is placed sixth in the list.
There are a few new entries in the top 10 as well, with the most notable one being the recently announced Persona Q2, which takes the 8th spot. You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast between October 12 and October 18.
1. [PS4] Monster Hunter World – 795 votes
2. [PS4] Final Fantasy VII – 718 votes
3. [NSW] Super Mario Odyssey – 623 votes
4. [3DS] Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon – 413 votes
5. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts III – 374 votes
6. [NSW] Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – 304 votes
7. [PS4] Dynasty Warriors 9 – 244 votes
8. [3DS] Persona Q2 – 236 votes
9. [PS4] Hokuto ga Gotoku – 189 votes
10. [PSV] Romancing SaGa 3 – 173 votes
Thanks, Nintendo Everything!