Having been available to the world for awhile now, Activision and Sledgehammer Games have been pushing for bug fixes and optimizations to Call of Duty: WWII’s user experience.
The game has been suffering from connection issues since launch that should now be fixed. Players should notice a variety of UI and leaderboard improvements, faster loading times and infinite Flamethrower bug fix. A handful of weapons have been buffed or nerfed to help balance the multiplayer experience.
Nazi Zombies players aren’t left out in the cold either. Among those fixes, you can’t get out of the map in The Final Reich anymore, and Klaus’s pathing is fixed. All these fixes should please the many players enjoying the game. Call of Duty: WWII has been the most successful Call of Duty in years for Activision, making $500 million dollars over the launch weekend. You can find the patch notes below.
COD: WWII MULTIPLAYER UPDATES
- Connectivity improvements and optimizations
- Fixed de-ranking issues
- Addressed an issue where players encountered an infinite load screen
- Leaderboard stability improvements and bug fixes
- General UI improvements
- Loading optimizations
- Splitscreen functionality improvements
- Added new unlock inventory stars to indicate when new items are added
- Adjusted hit marker audio to be higher default level (note: can be adjusted in settings)
- Fixed out of world exploits on Gustav Cannon and Sainte Marie du Mont
- Espionage Basic Training – Reduced painted time from 10 to 6 seconds. Made it so only bullet damage paints you.
- Weapon tuning to allow for one shot kills outside of hardcore mode, enabling challenge completion.
- Fixed infinite flamethrower bug
- XP Earn rate tuned in Operation Neptune
- Fix issue of shotgun variants not appearing
- Emblem Editor and visualization improvements
- GameBattles Improvements
- Fixed Gridiron Ball exploits
COD: WWII MULTIPLAYER WEAPON TUNING UPDATES
- Walther Toggle Action Shotgun – Damage increased at extremely close range
- Bren LMG – Increased damage per shot
- LMG Bipod – Sped up ADS time when in Bipod stance
- BAR Rifle – decreased fire rate and widened hip fire spread
- STG44 Rifle – widened hip fire spread
- FG42 Rifle – increased recoil and widened hip fire spread
- Machine Pistol – decreased damage ranges
SNIPER CLASS – Fixed a bug with all Sniper Rifles zooming to exact center when aiming down the sights
COD: WWII NAZI ZOMBIES UPDATES
- Zombie Map Exploit Fix – clipping into a zombie spawn closet using revive mechanic in Laboratory
- Fixed Klaus pathing
- Fixed out of world exploit – The Final Reich