Bluehole had announced that the climbing and vaulting update for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds will be deployed on November 13th for test servers and it’s now currently live. This is the last stop before the PC 1.0 release. Though test servers for the update were meant to go live earlier in November, the build wasn’t found to be stable enough.
The test schedule will run from November 13th, 6 PM PST/3 AM CET/11 AM KST to to November 14th, 6 PM PST or November 15th 3 AM CET/11 AM KST. Along with the vaulting and climbing mechanics, there will be other major changes to test for the game such as the new ballistics. Client crashes are to be expected as Bluehole notes in a recent Steam post that, “This is normal as the build we are using for this test is not completely stable.”
Weapon accuracy has also been changed which sees some weapons either being slightly more or less accurate. For a full rundown of how these changes might manifest in certain situations, head on over to Steam. Some of the patch notes can also be gleaned below.
Optimized terrain data to reduce memory usage
Reduced the lag issue when terrain is loading
Reduced the lag issue when multiple players are in sight
Optimized server performance by adjusting network throughput
Added vaulting & climbing action
- Vehicle driving balance is modified
* We are adjusting driving sounds to be more realistic. Sources of vehicle sounds will be improved.
- Vehicle driving is adjusted to be more realistic
*This is an early stage of balancing. We need your feedback to improve driving.
- Improved the vehicle and passenger animations
- Projectiles fired from firearms are now affected by air drag. This means that projectiles will now lose velocity over time leading to greater bullet drop and longer travel time
- Large scopes (8x, 15x) now have variable zoom that can be adjusted using the Mouse Wheel (by default)
- Red dot, holo and 2x sights can now have their reticle’s brightness adjusted using Mouse Wheel
- Hit areas have been modified
– Neck is now protected by the helmet
– Damage to the chest area is increased
- Base damage is now modified by weapon class
– The actual damage is now taking into account following multipliers
– Base damage stat of the weapon
– Distance traveled by the projectile (damage decreases over distance)
– Hit area damage multiplier
– Weapon class multiplier
- Fixed the excessive aim-punch while leaning in ADS mode
- Removed the blurring effect of the weapon and objects close to camera that appeared in non-ADS mode
Unified the sizes of all UAZ models, the number of seats decreased to 4
Improved the backpack capacity UI in the inventory screen